3/10/09

Looks Like We Made It!



It's my "V Day"! That is viability day for those not familiar with message board speak. While part of me is so excited that Sebastian and I have reached that milestone of viability, another part of me is still worried that he will be snatched from me at a moment's notice.

I'm also scared knowing that he will be here before I know it. In fact this whole pregnancy has passed in a flash. Two weeks away from third tri, are you kidding me? We are so not ready! And the uncertainty of what will happen in the next few months has been a huge stress builder.

While Alex is working as a contractor right now, it's only temporary. Who knows where we will be in a few months. He has said he'll let me know by the end of the month whether we will stay here for a while or whether we will be moving (most likely to Canada). Either way he hasn't been terribly forthcoming about any job offers or even proactive in looking since he's doing the contract work. My boss wants to know by the end of the month if I am coming back next year and to be honest I don't think I'll have an answer for her.

If it looks like we'll stay here, we'll need to find a house to rent in May or June. Cue my panic over packing, moving, getting a house/nursery ready before Sebastian's arrival in very early July. Or if we need to move we'll stay in our crap hole apartment until after Sebastian is here and we'll have to move to another country with a newborn.

Obviously, I am hoping for choice one, mainly because I do not want to leave my family now that I have a baby on the way. The thought of leaving them breaks my heart on a daily basis but what can I do? I have to go where my husband and his job is.

I just have to keep taking it day by day. We got to V day, we can make it through the rest. Right?

8 comments:

Erin said...

Damn you and your good looks Chrys! You're looking great! Not sure if you already know about this site, but if you find yourself looking for homes in Ontario, check out www.mls.ca.

murphyec said...

You are too freaking cute with your belly!

Miranda said...

Chrys, your pregnancy is FLYING! You look wonderful!

Danse said...

Happy V day!!

Unknown said...

You look great!

Randell Hynes said...

You're ready...It will come and pass and it'll be great...

Stephanie said...

Hooray for viability! I too am freaked out about how soon the babies will be here and I feel completely unprepared. I've had some major meltdowns about it recently and everyone just tells me that I'll figure out what to do when the time comes. Still...I worry.

shawnandlarissa said...

Happy V day!