1/9/09

15 Weeks



This last week has been an interesting one. It was the first week back at work after break and thankfully my insomnia hasn't returned. Of course the exhaustion is probably just due to me having to get up at 6am every day. Blah. Work itself is a challenge. I have so little energy and actually getting there and being prepared is a drag. What the hell am I going to wear? What am I going to eat? How am I going to get through my day?

This week was also the week everybody and their brother could tell I was pregnant. There is no way to hide nor avoid the bump. The cleaning lady at work (who I doubt knew I was pregnant) pointed at her belly and then at me as I was walking down the hall shrouded in my coat, multiple parents in the car line made comments about the bump, and co-workers all brought it up. Even my students have been asking how the baby is. Of course I can't really tell them anything. It's too early for feeling any movement so I just have to trust that the little one is ok.

16 days until my next midwife appointment.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Wow are you sure there's not 2in there??? Just kidding, i feel like i'm starting to show, but since i lost a few pounds from being sick, i'm still wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans, go figure!

Jennifer said...

I had someone ask me that but I've had two U/S, I think they would have seen another one. LOL

I can still wear my pp jeans for most of the day before they get too uncomfortable. They are so low rise that they are beneath all the business. They are starting to fall down or be pushed down now.

Sarah said...

Your belly is so cute! I can for sure tell you are showing! I've followed your blog for a long time now from the nest. How are you liking your midwife? We're moving and I'll be 13 weeks once we get to WI and we're thinking of picking a midwife instead of an OB. Drop me a line if you have time, I would really appreciate hearing about it. sarahzizzo@hotmail.com

True Companions Plus One? said...

Oh wow, such a cute belly - that's awesome! Yay - you are pregnant and going to be a mommy!